Active Heave Compensation (AHC) Control system for Launch & Recovery systems (LARS)
Scantrol’s Active Heave Compensation (AHC) system is the essential addition to maximize full benefit from the Launch and Recovery System (LARS) deploying ROV and TMS systems.
Challenging markets and demanding customers mean the ROV service providers need supporting technologies to help increase the ROV operational time, improve system reliability as well as reduce some of the tougher operational burden on the ROV crew.
- Work Class ROVs
- Observation ROVs
- Subsea sampling and drilling systems
- A proven AHC control for Launch & Recovery systems
- Standard models range from AHC OEM module to complete LARS controls.
- Controls both electric and hydraulic winch drives
- Suitable for both moon pool and A-frame models
- AHC Link saves cost by sharing AHC information when multiple systems are installed onboard a vessel
- Umbilical management system monitors the umbilical in order to avoid damages and extend the lifetime of the cable.
AHC System Design:
- A standard AHC control system with configuration options
- Can be fitted to both new and existing winches
- AHC Analyzer is a tool for designing the optimum winch to meet required AHC performance or determine AHC performance with an existing winch.
- Safe and efficient with user-friendly HMI
- Automatic deploy and recovery
- AHC Performer and Predictor simulates AHC for safer and more reliable operation planning and better operator confidence.
- Data Recorder records vessel motion, alarms and all winch data continuously during operation.
Test and commissioning:
- Advanced test tools such as Dynatest, Harbor test and AHC test minimize time for commissioning and sea trial.
- iSYM Online ensures efficient remote service and support by connecting to the ship’s LAN or via satellite.
- Training offered for operators and service personnel
- Supported by winch service engineers
AHC on Wikipedia
Hydramec Chooses Scantrol AHC For OBS ROV LARS
Record Year for Scantrol – Focusing on AHC in Asia
SMD Chooses Scantrol as AHC Partner for Launch & Recovery Systems
Fugro Chooses Scantrol as AHC Partner for Launch & Recovery Systems
New Portable AHC-LARS Commissioned in One Day on M/S Seabed Worker
New AHC Video on YouTube
Scantrol Focuses on Control Systems for Marine and Subsea